Tuna & Cannellini Lettuce Cups
PREP TIME: 5 Mins
· 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
· 425g can tuna in brine, drained, flaked
· 1 celery stick, finely diced
· 1 small red onion, finely diced
· ½ small red capsicum, deseeded, finely diced
· ¼ cup chopped parsley leaves
· 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tbs lemon juice
· 2 butter lettuces
1. Combine beans, tuna, celery, onion, capsicum and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk oil and lemon juice together and pour over tuna mixture. Season well and toss through with a fork. Transfer to a serving bowl.
2. Separate lettuce leaves, rinse and shake well to remove excess water. Top with the tuna filling and serve.
Aa pantry staple: make your own dip with pureed cannellini beans, olive oil, garlic, parsley and seasoning. Mashed cannellini beans are also a great alternative to potato.