This weeks favourite recipe is perfect for your lunch box
This perfectly balanced meal is tasty and nutritious!
Take this to work: place quinoa mixture, dressing and rocket in separate airtight containers. Transport in a chiller bag and refrigerate until required. Combine just before serving. Enjoy!
Chicken, avocado & quinoa salad
PREP TIME: 15 Mins
COOKING TIME: 15 Mins
- 1 cup (150g) white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 ½ tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 420g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained ½ medium avocado, peeled, diced
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, deseeded, chopped
- 200g shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
- 2 ½ cups (75g) baby rocket leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
1. Place quinoa in a large saucepan and cover with 2 cups (500ml) cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until all the water has evaporated (this should take about 12-15 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl. Add paprika and half the juice and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
2. Meanwhile, whisk honey, oil and remaining juice in a small bowl. Add dressing, beans, avocado, tomato, chicken and rocket to quinoa mixture. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with wedges.