Freezable Zucchini & Bacon Slice
PREP TIME: 15
COOKING TIME: 45
· 4 bacon rashers, finely chopped
· 1 brown onion, finely chopped
· 2 zucchinis, coarsely grated
· 1 cup pumpkin, coarsely grated
· 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, just thawed
· 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated cheddar
· 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
· 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
· 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
· 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· Mixed salad leaves, to serve (optional)
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper.
Step 2 Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Transfer to a bowl.
Step 3 Add the zucchini, pumpkin, mixed vegetables, cheddar, flour and parsley to the bacon mixture and stir to combine. Add the egg, milk and oil and stir to combine. Season. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Step 4 Bake for 40 mins or until firm to the touch. Set aside to cool. Cut into pieces.