A Fresh and Simple Basil Chicken with Tomato & Zucchini Risoni
Risoni looks like rice but is actually a small, seed-shaped pasta that can be enjoyed hot or cold. It is available in packets in the pasta aisle of the supermarket.
Tip: Always shred basil just before using otherwise the edges may bruise and turn black.
Try this fresh and simple dinner! And the leftover risoni also makes a next-day lunch!
PREP TIME: 15 Mins
COOKING TIME: 25 Mins
- Pasta 220 g, (risoni)
- fresh basil ¾ cup(s)
- skinless chicken breast 430 g (4 x 120g), fat trimmed, halved horizontally
- fresh lemon rind 1 tsp, finely grated
- lemon juice 2 tbs
- garlic 1 clove(s), crushed
- olive oil 1 tbs
- zucchini 2 medium, thinly sliced
- green beans 300 g, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- cherry tomato 200 g, (or grape), halved
- salt reduced chicken stock ½ cup(s), (125ml)
- rocket 200 g, trimmed
- oil spray 1 x 3 second spray(s)
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until just tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, finely shred ¼ cup basil (see tip). Place chicken, rind, juice, shredded basil, garlic and half the oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
4. Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini, beans and tomatoes, stirring, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add stock and risoni and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in remaining basil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve risoni with chicken and rocket.